Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

RIP Aunt Trudy

My Aunt Trudy passed away on August 19, 2009. Here is the eulogy I read at her memorial service. RIP Dear Aunt, you will be missed!
My Aunt Trudy
She was first a child of God. God gave a blessing to Carl Adolph and Sheila Jane Furstenberg on July 15, 1930, her BIRTH day. On this day, Trudanne Furstenberg became a daughter a sister a cousin, a friend, and a neighbor. She grew up and married Bud Hart. She then became a mom, an aunt, a My Aunt Trudy, a grandma, a marmie, a friend, a neighbor, a patient, she was a lot of things to a lot of people but foremost she was still a child of God.
My Aunt Trudy IS a kind and loving woman. She IS a caring friend, she IS a loving sister, she IS a loving mom, loving grandma, loving marmie, a loving aunt.
I use the word IS and not was, with emphasis on the word "IS". Just because I won’t be able to physically see her I can still feel her in my heart. Her soul still "IS". I can still sit and talk to her, just like I talk to Jesus, which I do all the time but I have never physically seen him. But I feel him. I feel his love. He IS. "I am the beginning, I am the end". I AM is God. God is Love.
So...My Aunt Trudy IS a kind and loving woman. She IS a great Aunt. I will always keep her in my thoughts, in my heart, and in the stories I pass on and share with my family and friends. To me she is not dead, merely resting peacefully and reunited with her creator. I find solitude in knowing that she herself was ready to go and was not afraid of death. My instinct tells me that she is totally at peace. I find comfort in thinking that she is experiencing a place so profoundly peaceful AND that she has been welcomed by our Father, Jesus Christ, who in his mercy has transformed her soul to a younger more innocent time, before the cancer...before the brain tumor....before any pain or heartache. My Aunt Trudy has become my Angel, our Angel. I know she can still feel the love each and everyone of us has for her, because I still feel loved by her. Love is so powerful it has no earthly boundaries. Love is never ending. Love offers life, life offers forgiveness and forgiveness enables love. It is a circle which has no end. Keep loving, forgive, in return you will receive love.
Keep loving my Aunt Trudy, Forgive one another because that is what she wanted, and accept each others love. It is now time to celebrate the life she lived and celebrate her new BIRTH date in Heaven. May the Peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, guard your hearts and your thoughts through this difficult time.
Jesus said: "I am the resurrection and the life, he that believes in me, though are dead, shall live, and whoever lives and believes in me, shall never die." I am still loving you Aunt Trudy, rest in peace.
Please pray with me:
O God, whose mercies cannot be numbered: Accept our prayers on behalf of your servant, My Aunt Trudy, and grant her entrance into the land of light and joy in the fellowship of your saints, through Jesus Christ your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment